Posts Tagged ‘Daigo Saito’
Earlier today it was announced that Kenneth Moen will be joining the current Achilles Radial & Bridges Racing for the 2014 season alongside their current roster of Daigo Saito, Robbie Nishida, and Dean Kearney.
This is big news for Moen as he was seen in a borrowed car at Irwindale to end the 2013 season after, rumor has it, Lutz Performance ran out of funding and pulled out of Formula D and possibly closed it’s doors.
Kenny will be piloting a new car built by San Bruno California based shop Limitless Motorsports. They will be building him a 2JZ powered Nissan 240sx s14 chassis expected to put out around 700hp.
Kenneth performed pretty well in a Z chassis last season that was pushing it’s life well past it’s use so it should be a great season for him in a new chassis with proper support.
So last night Formula D held it’s annual end of the season banquet and handed out it’s awards. This year, as we all know, was special as it was Formula D’s 10th anniversary and therefor it had some special awards as well.
The normal awards for the season and who took them home are…
• Ace of the Year – Chris Forsberg
• Top Gun of the Year – Daigo Saito
• Top Qualifier of the Year – Vaughn Gittin Jr
• Most Improved Driver – Darren McNamara
• Comeback of the Year – Michael Essa
• Hardest Charging – Robbie Nishida
• Manager of the Year – Michael Essa
• Best Drifting Style – Daigo Saito
• Best Personal Style – Matt Powers
• Spirit of Drifting – Robbie Nishida
• Fan Favorite Driver of the Year – Fredric Aasbo
• Fan Favorite Car of the Year – Danny George
• Crew Member of the Year – Shawn Hilliar & Aldo Villagran of Papadakis Racing
Now to mark the 10 year anniversary of Formula D a handful of ‘Decade’ awards were handed out, and here is what they are and who took them home…
• Ace of the Decade – Vaughn Gittin Jr
• Top Gun of the Decade – Daigo Saito
• Best Qualifying Average of the Decade – Tanner Foust
• Most Event Wins of the Decade – Samuel Hubinette
So now that this very interesting and controversial event is over, here are the results.
1st Daigo Saito
2nd Tyler McQuarrie
3rd Forrest Wang
4th Robbie Nishida
So Forsberg was knocked out by Daigo Saito in some unexplainable way in the Great 8. As Essa Qualified 1st and was gifted Top 16 points due to FD rulings and much controversy, Chris needed to finish in 1st or 2nd to take the championship. As he was just knocked out by Saito, Essa now the 2013 FD Champion.